This renovation addressed two 1905 cottages that had been stuccoed over in the late 1920s as part of the Mission Revival trend. Later they fell into extreme disrepair, were used as drug houses and were quite dilapidated by the time the client purchased them.
The client commissioned Osborne Architects to return them to their original state, which must have been Victorian, judging from their age and location, although there was no way to tell from looking at them. Osborne Architects preserved whatever they could and found the one thing that had survived all these years: the Victorian-styled wood siding under the stucco. Osborne Architects restored the houses to their orginal appearance using modern materials and green technology where possible, in addition to salvaged materials.